So today there was an earthquake in Chile, which is where I was born and where all my family is. The earthquake was 8.8 which means it's pretty big. It also lasted around 45 seconds, which is more than enough time to cause huge chaos. Thankfully, we have gotten in touch (mainly through facebook) with my family. We are still waiting to hear from one of my aunts, who lives in Santiago (the capital). This might take a while since electricity and phone lines are all down there. I am so glad to know that I have God to rely on when things like this happen and that it's ok that I can't he be there because He is there. And He definitely can do more than I can!!!
Ok, so that was a great first introductory paragraph for my first blog EVER. Well, that's not exactly true, since I posted something like last week and just never told anyone about it (( :
The main reason I am starting this is to satisfy my friends' requests that I start a blog where I talk about all the diseases I think I have. Being a nursing major has really opened my eyes to all the things that can go wrong in my body and needless to say, I find something different almost daily. And while friends say that I am somewhat hypochondriac (which is the one thing I don't claim to have), they still encourage me by getting me to write this.
Studying for HESI (the exit exam we nursing majors must take and pass to graduate) has elicited countless diseases that are calling my name. Today, while studying with Lauren, one really stood out: Pericarditis.
What is pericarditis??
https://health.google.com/health/ref/Pericarditis
Basically the sac your heart is in becomes inflammed and it's hard for your heart to beat. NOT FUN.
Anyways, my book says that symptoms include:
Sudden severe pain--check
Pericardial friction rub--not sure....I'll get Alicia to check it out
Fever--had one last week.
Plus, the book also says that the causes are MI, trauma, neoplasm, connective tissue disease, heart surgery, IDIOPATHIC (how can I not think I have it when it can just come from nowhere?!?), and infections.
I am pretty sure I had a super bad cold last week. And idiopathic says it all.
Anyways, I am sure that my symptoms will disappear and new ones will call for a new disease waiting to be blogged about.
Oh, and although I guess I should have written this earlier, here's a disclaimer:
I am not taking any of these diseases lightly or making a joke out of them.
Some of these things are really serious and if you really think you have a disease that I mention from now on, go to the doctor! It could be serious!
My disease paranoia is just one of my many flaws. Or entertainment.
Another day full of studying comes tomorrow, so who knows what my body will tell me!!!
Thanks for reading!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This just made my day! I can't wait to learn all about your many diseases! I am looking forward to it!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow come I can't check your pericardial friction rub?
ReplyDeleteOh, Ally, I love you, flaws, diseases and all!!! Thanks for making me smile!
ReplyDelete