Sunday, February 28, 2010

i think you're craaaaazy

Right now I am taking what is supposed to be small study break, but I am not really sure how short it will be.

I mean, I've been reading my HESI book pretty much all day. I was at the library before it even opened. That's true dedication. Thankfully, Lauren was there and then Hannah also showed up and we had a good time.

One of the bad things was that we couldn't watch the US hockey team play. That's probably why they lost. However, Lauren's mom was faithfully texting us updates all throughout the game. Maybe next winter Olympics??

Today I've been studying for OB and Peds. Since I am not pregnant, a fetus, or a child, I couldn't really relate to any of the conditions I read about. I mean, I'm sure that if I was pregnant I could definitely find multiple symptoms. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for a long time. Like forever. Yay!!

So then I remembered what I was reading last night--Mental Health. And it technically counts for today because it was after midnight when I made all the connections. I found out that I fit the criteria for "depersonalization disorder." At least according to me.

Let me tell you about it. Or the little that my book talks about.
--temporary loss of one's reality and ability to feel and express emotions (not so sure about this.....)

--client expresses a fear of "going crazy" (ask Kenneth or Lauren about this....it's pretty much how I've been describing myself lately)

--client describes a sense of "strangeness" in the surrounding environment (ALL the time)

Other than this, it doesn't really say much. I mean, it just talks about having mood swings, anxiety, alcohol or drug use, and other lame stuff like that. Mainly I just relate to the feeling of going crazy. Soo true about my life lately.

Anyways, I hope all this studying pays off tomorrow! Pray for all of the 5th semester nursing students at Alabama. We need to dominate HESI!!

Oh, and my mom got to talk to my grandparents in Chile, and everyone is ok!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment