It's been a week since I've gone to sleep any earlier than this.
I just lay in bed and can't fall asleep despite being tired.
When I do fall asleep, anything will wake me up.
Then it takes forever to go back to sleep.
I wake up exhausted in the morning.
I have all these thoughts in my head that are stressing me out!
This might be a bit intense, but I'm about to cry I just want to fall asleep so bad!!!!
So what joy do I find in this situation?
I have the satisfaction of being around 95% sure I have some kind of insomnia.
Go check it out: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/insomnia-symptoms-and-causes
I'm so serious.
From what I can tell, it sounds like I have acute insomnia r/t stress. Which, if you know me, makes total sense.
Causes of acute insomnia can include:
- Significant life stress (job loss or change, death of a loved one, divorce, moving).
- Illness.
- Emotional or physical discomfort.
- Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep.
- Some medications (for example those used to treat colds, allergies, depression, high blood pressure, and asthma) may interfere with sleep.
- Interferences in normal sleep schedule (jet lag or switching from a day to night shift, for example).
If you can't see that I fit pretty much all of these things, then you're dumb. Ok, maybe not dumb, but really. Think about it.
Other than the medication point, I pretty much fit all of it!!!
So ironically enough, it makes me happy.
But if yall have any ideas on sleeping, please let me know.
I just want to get in bed and not lay awake there for hours.
Anyways, thanks for reading!!!!!
Love,
Ally

Try using ear plugs. It sounds silly, but they drown out everything but also make you able to hear your own breathing. It's rhythmic and just loud enough to clear your thoughts most times. Try it!!!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely have a sleeping disorder!!!
ReplyDelete